Thursday 22 August 2013

Letter to editor on domestic violence


Would like to bring Canadian professionals to conduct workshops on domestic violence

Dear Editor,
Allow me to write on behalf of those troubled families who continue to lose loved ones to the evil tragedy of domestic violence. While I’m heartened at times by the progress in educating and legislating on this critical matter, it is still not enough, as more women and children and even men are victims of this ‘love that kills.’
I am trying to bring professionals from Canada to conduct workshops and hear first hand the horror stories within the Guyana  context, while sharing their own successful  models to help victims survive and fight  domestic violence in Canada. I hope I will get a favourable response from  both social agencies and religious bodies responsible for educating and guiding our adherents in the straight path.
Yours faithfully,
Habeeb Alli

No comments:

Post a Comment